Reading Training Centre/Online
This course will develop dental nurses, who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures, to practice competently and have a greater understanding of procedures carried out in their workplace. The course provides 39 hours verifiable CPD. Please note that Connect Dental is an...
This course will develop dental nurses, who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures, to practice competently and have a greater understanding of procedures carried out in their workplace.
The course provides 39 hours verifiable CPD.
Please note that Connect Dental is an Accredited Training Centre for the NEBDN Post Registration Certificate in Orthodontic Nursing.
Course Date: April 2021
Who is it for?
This course is for dental nurses who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures.
In order to take the qualification, a dental nurse must:
• Be registered with the GDC
• Have the support of their employer to supervise and validate the practical workplace activities for the record of competence in an Orthodontic setting.
• Anatomical structures relative to orthodontics
• Classification of malocclusion
• Cross infection control in orthodontics
• Health and safety and infection control in the workplace
• Interdisciplinary care
• Laboratory skills
• Oral health in relation to the care and management of appliances
• Orthodontic appliances
• Orthodontic indices and clinical governance
• Orthodontic records
• Orthodontic stock control
• Orthodontic treatment
e-Record of competence
The record of competence is a form of work based continual assessment. The record of competence is a written record of workplace activities carried out under the observation of a GDC registrant. There are four sections:
• Practical competence assessment sheets
• Expanded case studies
• Directly observed clinical skills assessments
• Supplementary outcomes
Assessment and certification
This course prepares students for the NEBDN examination. The following must be completed:
• Record of competence
• Pass the written exam
This course was fully accredited by the NEBDN March 2019. The NEBDN audit the course every 2 years to ensure standards are maintained.
Find out more
For more detailed information about the course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07944 373087
Payment Policy and Cancellation
These Terms and Conditions shall govern and apply to all bookings confirmed in writing, on-line or email to Connect-Dental by any individual or organisation for provision of services, materials and training of individuals by Connect-Dental. They shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms and conditions contained or referred to in any documentation submitted by the Buyer unless specifically excluded or varied in writing by a director or other authorised representative of Connect-Dental.
- A completed signed booking or on-line form will be the only acceptable documentation to confirm a reservation on any training programme. Where a booking is being made for an organisation a signature of the appropriate level will be required and an official company purchase order attached to enable an invoice to be raised.
- Full payment for course fees must be received at the time of booking. All course and exam fees are non-refundable unless we cancelled the course, or you have been ask to leave the course.
- Connect-Dental reserve the right to cancel, postpone or re-arrange any training course without reason. If this unlikely event occurs Connect-Dental will provide as much notice as possible and where payment has been made, the customer will be entitled to a full refund. This payment may be held against a future booking if requested by the customer.