Reading Training Centre
The Connect-Dental Emergency First Aid at Work programme meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in low risk environments (eg Dental practices,offices, shops, residential care settings etc). The qualification will equip the first aider...
The Connect-Dental Emergency First Aid at Work programme meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in low risk environments (eg Dental practices,offices, shops, residential care settings etc).
The qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work and consists of 6 hours of instructor led tuition with the emphasis on practical application of first aid skills.
Full information on the different levels and requirements for First Aid in the Workplace can be found on the HSE website here.
The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
By choosing a Connect-Dental training programme you or your students will receive:
- A comprehensive student resource pack for each delegate containing a market leading first aid reference manual for use during the class and as post course reference
- Professional training delivered by quality assured instructors and a maximum class size of 12 per instructor
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor
- Fully interactive presentation materials that use a graphical approach to learning
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation and register online with the WorkSafe website to access special offers and first aid related updates
Succesful candidates will be awarded a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification, valid for 3 years and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.
Please Note: The HSE recommend that all workplace first aiders receive annual refresher training in first aid techniques whilst holding this qualification.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for smaller workplaces that present few health and safety risks and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
Assessment and Certification
Continuous assessment by trainer and certificate will be provided on completion of the course. Certificate valid for 3 years.
Find out more
To find out more, please email email@example.com or call 0118 901 6910.