Reading Training Centre
This course will develop dental nurses, who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures, to practice competently and have a greater understanding of procedures carried out in their workplace. The course provides 39 hours verifiable CPD. Please note that Connect Dental is an...
This course will develop dental nurses, who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures, to practice competently and have a greater understanding of procedures carried out in their workplace.
The course provides 39 hours verifiable CPD.
Please note that Connect Dental is an Accredited Training Centre for the NEBDN Post Registration Certificate in Orthodontic Nursing.
Course Date: 2 June 2018 10-1pm
Who is it for?
This course is for dental nurses who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures.
In order to take the qualification, a dental nurse must:
• Be registered with the GDC
• Have the support of their employer to supervise and validate the practical workplace activities for the record of competence in an Orthodontic setting.
• Anatomical structures relative to orthodontics
• Classification of malocclusion
• Cross infection control in orthodontics
• Health and safety and infection control in the workplace
• Interdisciplinary care
• Laboratory skills
• Oral health in relation to the care and management of appliances
• Orthodontic appliances
• Orthodontic indices and clinical governance
• Orthodontic records
• Orthodontic stock control
• Orthodontic treatment
Record of competence
The record of competence is a form of work based continual assessment. The record of competence is a written record of workplace activities carried out under the observation of a GDC registrant. There are four sections:
• Practical competence assessment sheets
• Expanded case studies
• Directly observed clinical skills assessments
• Supplementary outcomes
Assessment and certification
This course prepares students for the NEBDN examination. The following must be completed:
• Record of competence
• Pass the written exam
This course was fully accredited by the NEBDN in 2013. The NEBDN audit the course every 2 years to ensure standards are maintained.
Find out more
For more detailed information about the course please email email@example.com or call 0118 901 6910.