Reading Training Centre
The course covers all topics detailed within the NEBDN syllabus. All dental nurses wishing to work in the UK are required to complete this course. Please note that Connect Dental is an Accredited Training Centre for the NEBDN. Who is...
The course covers all topics detailed within the NEBDN syllabus. All dental nurses wishing to work in the UK are required to complete this course. Please note that Connect Dental is an Accredited Training Centre for the NEBDN.
Who is it for?
This course is for trainee dental nurses working in a dental practice who want to become qualified as fully registered dental nurses.
17th October 2018 5.30-7.30pm
- Anatomical structures and systems relative to dental care
- Assessing patients’ oral health needs and treatment planning
- Dental drugs, materials, instruments and equipment
- Emergencies in the clinical environment
- Health and safety and infection control in the workplace
- Legal and ethical issues in the provision of dental care
- Oral disease and pathology
- Oral health promotion and preventive dentistry
- Oral surgery
- Orthodontic procedures
- Pain and anxiety control in dentistry
- Patient care and management
- Restorative dentistry
- Be able to speak and write in English
- Be in employment as a dental nurse by the course start date
- Have an appointed workplace mentor/witness to support them during their training
E-record of experiences
The e-record of experience is a form of work based continual assessment, it is now a mandatory part of the syllabus and evidence. The e-record of experience is a written record of workplace activities carried out under the observation of a GDC registrant.
Award of qualification
This course prepares students for the NEBDN examination. The following must be completed:
- E-record of experience
- Pass both the written and practical exam
This course was fully accredited by the NEBDN in 2014. The NEBDN audit the course every 2 years to ensure standards are maintained.
For more detailed information about the course please email email@example.com or call 0118 901 6910.